Thursday 4 June 2015

Urban Decay Naked dupe battle featuring W7

 Hello my lovelies, how are you?
I hope you are feeling good and cracking on with some gorgeous BBQ'S,  I know that the weather now demands it. I mean, just how stunning is this weather now, especially when only last month (June already, I could cry) we was getting heavy hailstone here. Insane British weather lol.


Anyway, onto a the matter at hand: a full on battle of the dupes for the crown of best Urban Decay dupe. Today, I am pitting the  W7 In the buff: Lighty toasted palette up against the UD naked palette. To see the other palettes you can find them here and here. What will the outcome be? Who knows? Well, actually, I do but hey, you can't win them all.


 Packaging: I find the packaging on this little palette to be the best out of the 3, it looks good, feels good and is sturdy. 5/5



Dupability:  The dupability are very hit & miss but when it's right, boy is it right. It isn't 100% on any of the shadows by any means but there are some that are pretty damn close.3/5



 

Wear time: Without primer, these don't last very long at all but put them with a primer and they last all day. Not too shabby but definately recommend you using a primer to get a longer life out of the shadows. 2.5


 

Formula: The formula to these shadows is terrible, they are powdery to the point of crumbling. I have only used this palette about 7/8 times and it looks as though I have had it for years. You really have to work to make the shadows work, even with primer it can be a nightmare. 0.5/5
 
 
 
 
  Pigmentation: The pigmentation is also very hit & miss.  There are some that you can't see the swatches very well, so I have had to do some serious building to show the shades. On the flip side, there are a few that are so super pigmented that they out do the naked palette. 2.5/5

 

 Ease of purchase:This particular palette was sent to me in a swap with a lovely lady I know (you know who you are ;) ) though have since tried to find this for a friend and it can be a little bit of a nightmare to find. Because it has become extremely popular, it is mostly out of stock in a variety of shops. 1/5


 Quality: The quality of the packaging is pretty damn good but is let down by the quality of the eyeshadows, not impressed. 2/5

Value: Now this is a bit of a hard 1 as it is different prices in different shops and websites, it's rrp is £9.99 and I have seen it for as little as £4.99. For £4.99 it is not too bad but for £10, I would say give this a pass as you can buy either of the MUA or Revolution palettes for £4 and they are much better value. 0.5/5

Overall score: Oh dear, this was a bit of a disappointment for me as I genuinely love W7 but this palette has not got what it takes to be crowned the queen of the dupes. 16.5 /40

So, I guess we have a winner with MUA being the outright victor with just 0.5 ahead of Make Up Revolution.Undress me by MUA will be the 1st palette to go in the giveaway parcel. Who would have thought it?
Next time we will be on Naked 2 featuring MUA again, who will win? You will have to keep your eyes peeled to find out.
The quaetion is, would I buy these palettes again over the Urban Decay Naked palette? The answer to this is a resounding no as for me, the Naked palette just has that extra va va voom, a little bit more wow factor. I love the formula, the shades, the feel, I love everything about this palette that I simply could not just replace it with any other palette.

It is that time where I say goodbye, just remember that life is short, enjoy it and love one another.

Until the next time,
Ta Ta for now.

Luscious Lass
xxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.